Photobucket

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Stick bean stick!


So I started the progesterone supplements last night, wasn't as bad as i though it would be, no leakage, no messy application, although Michael was nervous, he wants to be apart of everything now and I honestly don't blame him.
This is the medication i am currently on. It's called Prochieve. I was instructed to take it at night. Not too many side effects listed except drowsiness and oh yeah drinking intensifies the feeling...uhm call me crazy but i though pregnancy meant no drinking, if that changed please someone tell me i would love a dirty martini!
Like I said yesterday this stuff doesn't come cheap, our insurance (which sucks and is another story to be told) doesn't cover it apparently so its $278 at CVS, if I need to keep taking this up until the 12th week of pregnancy I will try to see if Walmart sells it since their prices tend to cheaper. IE. clomid (read: 10 pills at CVS $120 at walmart $18) yeah see why I want walmart!
Anyway, i am still really worried about my numbers and googled some more research, me and my neurotic mind started thinking maybe I should be a stronger dose, i found a site with a promising story. Pregnancy-info gives you, well pregnancy info, and they like the nest have forums where you can post questions and other women will tell you their experiences and hopefully some answers. One woman posted this : Hi all, I am in my 5th week. My HCG today: 1126 and exactly a week ago it was 103, so I am very excited about it. but my progesterone level is at 11.3 at 5th week. doc said it is low and is starting me on Progesterone suppository from tomorrow. I read over the net that it is very imp and low is not a good sign.

Kinda like where I am, what gave me piece of mind was the first response she got : i am also a little over 5 weeks pregnant. Here is what I can tell you. On Feb. 7 i got my blood tests and the results were 176 for my HCG levels and my progesterone levels were 8.88. My doctor put me on the progesterone suppositories the evening of my blood test. She said to take one vaginally each night. Then again this friday Feb. 10, i got my levels checked again. My HCG level went up to 868 and my progesterone went up to 18.88. My doctor advised me to keep taking the supplements until my next visit.

Now you may be wondering why this gave me piece of mind, well this woman went on to deliver a very healthy baby girl born via c-section at 32 wks. 3 days.
This gives me hope, remember my numbers are HCG 194 progesterone 7.8
I am praying so much that on Tuesday when i go back for another blood draw that my number is just where it should be!
Pray for us and our little bean please!

1 comments:

K-tell said...

You are doing your best and that's all you can do! Stick, little bean, stick!

You are already showing this little one what lengths you will go to for it to be healthy and have a chance in this world. You are a wonderful Mommy:)