Photobucket

Friday, March 28, 2008

2nd Betas are in

I got the call i was anticipating all day from Kathy, the nurse at my current OB's office, she said " i can't give you a definite answer the numbers did double but the progesterone went down, so come back on Tuesday for repeat blood work Ok" click
Now i am in the kitchen processing this all and i post on the nest, the girls all tell me what i am already thinking, why not give me supplements NOW instead of waiting till Tuesday?
I call back and finally get Kathy again, she tells me they don't think its a good idea to do that, why? well the numbers didn't double, well what ARE my numbers, she tells me, i say well its almost a double only the progesterone went down. I wan to give this a fighting chance and if i wait till Tuesday i am not doing that am i?
she puts me on hold comes back and says she will call the CVS and fill the progesterone for me. gee thanks!
Now besides not knowing anything which is royally ticking me off, why didn't the doctor just do this whole thing in the first place? why did i have to call and ask for it. I understand Kathy not saying anything for covering her own back or if this turns out to be just a chemical pregnancy, but still! Ugh whatever i am leaving them anyway!
So basically he re is the deal:
well the numbers didn't exactly double but they were very close. on Wednesday my numbers were:
HCG 105
Progesterone 9.6

Today's draw
HCG 194
Prgesterone 7.8

here is the problem though,
What is progesterone?

Progesterone is a hormone produced by the ovaries that helps prepare the uterus for pregnancy. It is first produced by the corpus luteum in the ovaries and later is maintained by the placenta.

Progesterone during pregnancy
First Trimester 9-47 ng/ml
Second Trimester 17-147 ng/ml
Third Trimester 55-200 ng/ml

Most doctors like to see a minimum level of 10 ng/ml during the first few weeks of pregnancy. If a woman has low progesterone levels this can be an indication of a threatened miscarriage.

So as you can see 7.8 isn't a great number and hopefully the supplements ...which may i add are so not cheap $278 for 18 pre-filled applicators...yup i get to shoot up every night..nope not the injectable kind..use your head! lol
So now we wait till Tuesday to hopefully see this last number rise to where it should be and get this baby going.
Please say a prayer for us!

So basically as to quote what one out of six has in her blog:
I have learned so much from this process – but perhaps the most important thing I’ve learned is BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. Ask questions. Do your own research. Do not just mildly follow everything your RE tells you to do. Yes, you want a doctor you can trust – but remember – they have hundreds and hundreds of other patients. You are the only one who is 100 percent solely concerned with YOU … so trust yourself. Follow your instincts, and trust your gut.

1 comments:

K-tell said...

Sending you sticky baby dust, Viv! Also, I had no idea the supp's were that expensive. Holy cow! I hope they do their job:)