Photobucket

Monday, March 31, 2008

The roller coaster continues...

Wow where do i even begin. Since Friday afternoon I have been having headaches, more like bone aches in my head that weren't crippling me but were bad enough to be bad. all weekend i had that and come Sunday night we were having dinner and my chest started hurting, like pressure, then it went down my left arm and my left leg, also around my lower left abdomen, it went away but came back with a vengeance, thinking it may be something related to the progesterone i read up on it and found this:
What side effects may I notice from using progesterone? (Back to top)
Side effects that you should report to your prescriber or health care professional as soon as possible:
•breast tenderness or enlargement
•numbness or pain in the arm or leg
•pain in the chest, groin or leg
•severe headache
•stomach pain
•sudden shortness of breath
•unusual weakness or tiredness
•vision or speech problems
•yellowing of skin or eyes

OK then off to the hospital we go, now i am not one to go to a doctor much less a hospital for any small ache,bruise or cut, ii tend to deal with it on my own, but if i say i want to go to the hospital you know its bad. oh and I'm pregnant did i mention that?
We got there and they put me into a room, monitored my heart and sent me for an ultrasound,did BW, the attending doctor who by the way was amazing! was concerned that with a history of a blocked tube and now being pregnant it could be ectopic. We prayed it wasn't and off i went to get the u/s. During the u/s i couldn't bring myself to watch the screen so i prayed the whole time for my baby to be where it should be.
Back in the room we waited for the results, the doctor came in..oh no I know that look... " i have bad news" she says, i immediately knew "Your beat is 263 which means it rising not quite doubling but it is ectopic its in your right tube though, maybe possibly out of the tube all together, we need to call your doctor to do surgery" Holy shit not this again! I knew that the new doctor i was switching to works out of Good sam, so i gave them her name but did explain i haven't met her yet, not a problem we'll contact her. She leaves I break down in Michael's arms, I'm not a bad person why does this keep happening? and why in the right side, that is the only good tube i have left! I'm praying for my baby.
She comes back "hey guess what Dr. B is on call tonight ( what are the chances of that?) she is reviewing your u/s and will call us back to see if she want to do the Laparoscopic surgery or the Methotrexate shot" se leaves again, how on earth am I supposed to kill my own baby? BTW I am 5weeks 2 days. The nurse comes in put the IV and preps me for surgery in case that is the way we go, she also give me pain medication for my chest that won't hurt the baby. I start to pray again, this time for forgiveness.
I guess another 20 minutes go by and the doctor walks in again this time she is smiling, what the hell could she be possibly smiling about " i have some news, Dr. B looked at your u/s and she thinks that what the tech saw was not the gestational sac in your tube, but the corpus luteum, (click on day 13 the egg is what is being "spit out" what is left behind is the corpus luteum) she believes that because you are still so early they may not have seen the baby in the uterus, she wants to continue treating this as a viable pregnancy and for you to continue the progesterone and go in on Tuesday to see her" I had to ask her to repeat it twice, how can i wrap my head around that? "so there is a chance my baby is ok?" "YES"
Thank you Lord!
I couldn't have asked for a better sign that this is the doctor we are meant to be with, We have no doubt had we called our old doctor he would just have prescribed the shot and killed our baby. We got discharged and was allowed to go home. I was now feeling the effects of the meds, dizzy, nauseous, i felt like i was going to pass out, but i made it to the car, and we made it home, and i am now a nervous wreck about tomorrow, i am hoping and praying for the best, but i am also prepared for the worst.
My mother continues to say we WILL have our Christmas baby!
BTW EDD is Nov. 26th


0 comments: