Photobucket

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I finally got my big O

No not the one cosmo always talks about that makes your eyes roll back into your head and your toes curl in ways you though were never possible. I mean O as in ovulation the MOST important aspect of TTC since without it there is no baby to be made no egg to be fertilized. My normal O date is around CD12-14 well i was well past that point this cycle and I figured the clomid must have screwed me up. Which is weird since its supposed to make you O if you don't or in my case since i regularly do just make it stronger, I did find this though:
Clomid (Serophene/clomiphene citrate) can cause a false positive in OPKs if taken too soon after finishing the prescription. According to most of the manufacturers you should wait at least 3 days before using an OPK. If you take Clomid days 3-7 you can begin testing on day 10. If you take it 5-9, you should wait until day 12

Oh well since i was following the SMEP it said to keep doing OPKs which i did and finally Friday i got a dark line...yeah...probalem Michael and I had a blow out so we didn't BD that night, we did make up the next day and took care of business so for 3 days in a row res today and then again tomorrow even though as of yesterday the line got lighter making think i must have O'ed during the weekend, well if that is the case then we have a good chance. FF says i O'ed on Friday which i'm thinking is wrong since sat and sund i was still getting positive OPKs. TCOYF chart says i O'ed yesterday, the day i got a negative. I'm more inclined to believe it happened yesterday or even the day before. i guess time will tell. For those who don't know what the purpose of an OPK is here a crash course:
An OPK is a test that looks for luteinizing hormone (LH). Just prior to ovulation, women experience a short surge where the LH level rises to a higher level. The OPK will help you pinpoint this surge and help you predict when you will ovulate.

So we are officially in the 2ww so now i get to be even more paranoid about every little thing that will be happening to my body and wait for AF to show up or for our BFP. I'm hoping its the later although it scares the crap out of me to see that result again.

1 comments:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Good Luck this cycle. Looks like we are around the same time schedule.

I triggered on Tues - so I am assuming the I ovualted on Thursday. So, we are in the 2WW together!

Best of luck to you!