Photobucket

Monday, April 14, 2008

in other news...

I got accepted into the nursing program i had been fighting to get into since 2001. Yes its taken me a LONG ASS time to get here, and honestly;y its a miracle i even did. I started a couple of months after Darren was born taking 3 classes at most but usually just one. Being single at the time working full time and having a newborn it wasn't easy, but somehow i managed to get B or above in all my classes. So now under my belt i have English composition I & II, Pluralism & diversity, Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology I & II, and some phys Ed courses that were required for extra credit.
I now have left in general courses :
Microbiology
General Psychology
Life span development - this one should be interesting seeing that its basically all about conception and pg. woohoo great course for someone who has lost 2 babies.
My plan is to take psych over the summer, Tues, Wed, Thur 6-9pm for one whole month. they have 3 summer sessions 1.june-jul 2.jul-aug 3.aug-sept Yes seems extreme given its summer and my son will out of school, but well he will be going to Costa Rica with my mother for one month for vacation instead of camp this year,yes i will miss him like crazy but i can do this.
then i can start the nursing program in Sept and focus only on that instead of taking them mixed in with these other ones. microbiology and life span well micro if available i may do in one f the other summer sessions. life span i have to see emotionally where i am for that one so for now its on hold.
i am excited and really nervous, i always enjoyed school and now i have a shopping list of materials i need, nurse shirts, stethoscope, name tag, scrubs, ect..
wish me luck

2 comments:

Newt said...

Congratulations! And good luck with your busy summer. I'm sure you can do it, and how exciting!

Kristin (kekis) said...

Congrats Viv! That's GREAT!