Photobucket

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Baby dreams

I've been having very strange dreams lately, well actually they started when i was pregnant the first time.
3 weeks ago i had a dream i've you have seen cloverfield, it was in a setting almost like what NYC looked like towards the end of the movie, pretty much non-existent, destroyed building chaos, people running, i might have well been an extra, well anyway i was running toward the Hudson and they water was just murky, yucky, dark looking just dirty and the ski was grey almost like it get right before a thunderstorm with just hints of sun coming through, i looked up at the sky for some reason when suddenly something grabbed my arm from the water and dragged me into it pulling further and further down, whatever was pulling me looked like a mermaid-ish thing, i looked up and it just kept getting darker and darker, then i woke up. I told my mom the dream ( she's my interpreter) and she said "that's not good, dirty water means sickness, health problem and the fact that it got darker, it's a bad sickness meaning not just a plain old cold" well whataya know 3 days later i was in the ER getting prepped for surgery and she was with me, and says "remember the water? here is your illness"
*********************************************************
sometime early this week i dreamt i was in a melrose place the of apartment building except the end of the pool was a fence overlooking an ocean lake type of thing very pretty, i was diving into the pool ( what is it with me constantly being in water seriously!) anyway this time it was that aquamarine paradise type of blue water crystal clear, when i came back up from the dive there were frogs all over the patio surrounding the pool, i flt bad for them (don't know why don't ask) so i started to throw them in the pool thinking they would be safe in there, then i woke. my mom had no insight on this one but this place says : Frogs as Fertility Symbols, Frogs, with their prolific egg laying are potent symbols of fertility. The fertility they symbolize may be a fertility of ideas, creative power, or even prosperity. As a fertility symbol, their meaning is almost always positive. OK I'll take that even though its creepy in way that it is what we are dealing with after our 2 losses
********************************************************
last night we went out for drinks with a friend, came home by 11pm and passed out, I woke this morning to a dream that i am happy about but brought so many memories back i hid in the bathroom and cried especially since i should be 18 weeks by now and at this point already!
here is what my dream was:
I woke up in a hospital room with an elder man whom I've never met as a nurse or aid but he definitely worked for the hospital and was taking care of me. Michael was coming in and out of the room, why i was there in the first place i don't know, i saw the man taking my blood pressure and the sitting by my side, he then made me walk around out side in what looked like the backside of a store, almost like an alley-way then he brought me back in and got me settled into my bed. As i was laying there i had my hands over my stomach and I was pregnant and not only that I was 21 weeks and felt the baby move and kick, i gasped and grabbed the man's hand and put it on my belly look i said and he smiled, it was such a warm smile, one of those smiles that just puts you at ease and ensues a sense of trust. I told him i wanted my husband to feel the baby too so he said he would go find him. Then i woke up. This dream was so realistic and just felt as if it was happening and not just a dream. I turned over and told Michael right away, and well as some of you may understand after 2 consecutive looses, I asked him if it meant that i would loose my baby at 21 weeks. I pray and can only wait that it doesn't turn out that way because to be honest it didn't feel like i was there for something bad, maybe just a check up?
I have to believe the frogs meant something and to be honest after 4 months of loss and hell, i have to believe that it can and will get better from here on. hey i can only dream right.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Perhaps the frogs did mean something!

I heard someone say on a movie the other day..."It's get better...one day at a time." For some reason, it has stayed on my mind.

Thinking about you, Viv!