Photobucket

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

2008 has been a hard year and of late I feel I have very little to offer.

Christmas has come and is now on verge of leaving, and though it is a happy time for most of us I think it is important to acknowledge that not everyone can get caught up in the joy and festive spirit.

Personally Michael and I have had a dreadful year, 2 days before thanksgiving we lost our 4th pregnancy, yes a 4th miscarriage.

We also lost many other things this year, starting in January with his aunt Anne and it killed my husband that we could not be here for her service as were in disney celebrating Darren's birthday. how ironic to get that kind of news in the happiest place on earth. Michael's dear friend Jim Colon lost his battle to cancer and was buried on Feb 26th, just 2 weeks after our first loss. His father had major abdominal surgery over the summer,the list goes on and on about how bad this year has been, sufice to say it has hit hard.
Christmas is often when we miss our loved ones most as all families come together to spend time together. It will be different for us this year. We went to church this morning and although i was hesitant it was a lovely idea and a very healthy thing to go to for the mind, but also I feel it gave me a time to reflect and remember the 4 babies we have lost to miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy. Probably no-one else will think of it - but I will. I think of it often, all the time in fact. But I look forward to a day where I can acknowledge them in my own mind. I am not particularly religious, but I feel a comfort in a spiritual service.

Sorry to go on. I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, but also to say it's OK not to get caught up in the hype of the festivities. If you don't feel in the mood, then try to unwind and relax with some quiet time.

May 2009 be a peaceful year for us all.

Your health is everything. Keep life in perspective. Recognise the true definition of happiness and don't take it for granted. She's a beautiful day outside. Get on the front foot and enjoy the sunshine.

Have a good Christmas

1 comments:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Vivian - you and I have had a really bad year. I am hoping 2009 is a much better year for us both.

{{HUGS}}