Photobucket

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quick update on Blue

yes that is what we are calling our baby!

It seems our lil blue is not ready to give up, there was a significant change from last weeks u/s, (friday 12th) The doctor is positive that I o'ed later than i though and its what is causing the difference (read : screw up)in dates. if your naot familiar with all this yet, usually (in a perfect world) the use your LMP(lat menstrual period) in my case Jul 28th, they assume 2 weeks later you O and 2 weeks after that you conceive) well it seems that its ot my case, They believe i geared up to O 2 weeks after my LMP but never did, i got a positives with the OPK's and we screwed like bunnies, 8 days straight! well at some point later that week I actually did O and i guess i had enough"reserve" to fertilize my egg during my vacation without hubby.
anyway....
People....we have a fetal pole!!!! isn't that great?!!!! (fetal pole is basically in layman's terms, it is what will become the beating heart)
The doctor puts me at about 6 weeks, not 7 or almost 8 as we initially thought.
I go in for another u/s next friday the 26th to hopefully see a HB and be 100% this is it.
This has been such and emotional week with me basically crying myself to sleep every night because in my heart based on evidence it was over and i was gearing myself up to hear that during the u/s. At one point Michael held his breath and looked up and got teary and since I couldn't see the screen I just sighed and thought "yup its over" and i asked him "its empty right?" He shook his head which confused me and i thought he doesn't know what he is looking at, then the tech said Are you sure about your dates?" "yes" i said "why?" "well because there's the fetal pole that wasn't there last week!"
It completely took me by surprise and i just cried and was shaking.
So as of today I AM PREGNANT!
I am pregnant and I love my baby!
Thanks for all your support and well wishes and if you can still spare some, please pray we see a strong and healthy HB next week!
till then....

2 comments:

Shanny said...

So great to know they found the fetal pole.. yay! I will keep you and the baby in my thoughts and prayers. ::Heartbeat dust::

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

That is great that they found the fetal pole. I will be thinking of you constanty