Photobucket

Thursday, June 5, 2008

1 step forward 2 steps back

I honestly thought i was doing ok with the whole m/c thing and finally being able to let go where i would have been in terms of how many weeks pg.
That was until this afternoon, my cell phone rang with a number i didn't recognize but it wasn't 800 so i picked up. It was a place called Peek-a-womb, they do 3D u/s and can tell you your baby's sex if you want. I thought it would be a great anivversary gift to MH to see his baby. Well here is how the conversation went.

"Hi, I'd like to confirm your 3D u/s for this saturday at 11am to find out your baby's gender."

"uhmm no i called your office on my way to my D&C to cancel back in Feb"

"i'm sorry how do you mean? you won't make it then? would you like to re-schedule?"
(may i just add she was way to happy for such a crappy day!)

"NO, i lost the baby, i had m/c."

"oh, i'm truly sorry, have a great weekend!" click

Now i'm in tears because i had finally gotten over obssessing how far along i would have been, now i know again where i would be!
Give or take 27 weeks, where if i were to go into labour, my baby would have a good chance of surviving.
God i hate this...i just fucking hate this never ending roller coaster.
i hate this i hate this so much

4 comments:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

Vivian - I had something simliar happen to me this week. I logged into babycenter.com (to check on a due date for a friend).

Well, I must have signed up for a user name.

So, right there it said "Almost half way there, you are 19 weeks pregnant.

It was like a smack in the face.

Hopefully this cycle will be the winning one!

Jess said...

Vivian, I'm so sorry that you had to go through that!! Its awful to be reminded that way! :::HUGS:::

Kristin (kekis) said...

I'm sorry, Viv. Companies that sell info suck. I still receive delightful (not) reminders - formula, coupons, free family portraits, "congrats on your baby" crap. It all hurts and makes me angry too.

Kristin (kekis) said...

I tagged you on my blog. Hopefully you'll enjoy the brief moment of entertainment!