Photobucket

Thursday, March 11, 2010

2 month checkup

Today finally came. I have dreading this day since monkey was born. his first shots. I cried inconsolably when Darren had his first round of shots, i felt so guilty about bringing him to be poked at and causing him pain, although it probably hurt me more than him. Well monkey was no different and i had Michael come with me so he could hold me if i cried while i held monkey if he cried.
As always he was all smiles for the nurse and happily cooing as the nurse took his weight and measured his length. He is 10 lbs 8oz and 22 1/2 inches. My baby boy is growing so fast! His doctor said he looks great and that he is growing right on track with his chart curve.
He got 2 vaccines today one oral and one shot and boy was he a trooper. They gave him the oral one first and he was awesome. Then I was allowed to start breastfeeding him while the nurse did the shot. He was happily content but then he latched off and screamed for maybe half a second and then proceeded to go back to eating.
He is so perfect.
We then headed over to Ikea to do some browsing and ended up getting 3 of the toys i mentioned yesterday.
We then came home. I was worried he would run a fever but thank God he did not. the only "change" was he was sleepy after the shot but by the afternoon he was back to himself smiling and cooing all over the place.
I know the pic is blurry, but how does this smile not make you want to smile and forget about everything?

0 comments: