Photobucket

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Please say a prayer for Costa Rica

A very strong earthquake just rocked Costa Rica, i spoke to my mom and she said 2 hoose down the street from ours have collapsed, my grandmother is ok but her BP shot up and so they are watching her so her sugar doesn't shoot up as well.
As for my mom she is home alone and she is having strong chest pains, i' told her to lay down and raise her feet if the pain persist she needs to call a cab an get to the doctor right away, my mom is very stuborn with doctors, i had to force her when her appendix nearly burst to get her to go to the ER.
i feel so helpless stuck here and having her so far away.
she said the country is in emergency state due to a DAM having potential to break so they are evacuating some towns, luckly our house is up in the mountains so shes safe from taht!
I can't beleiev that we were at that volcano just in august!
so if you guys can spare prayers please my family needs them
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090108/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_costa_rica_earthquake

2 comments:

Shanny said...

Oh viv my thoughts and prayers are with your family in Costa Rica as well as with everyone else. Keep us updated. I hope your grandmother and mom feel better soon. ((hugs))

julie said...

OMG Vivian, when did this actually happen? You're poor Mom and her nerves, I'm sure her stomach is in knots right now...and Grandma, I hope they're ok...please send my love next time you talk. I don't always say my prayers as much as I should but I def will for this