Photobucket

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My latest Xmas gift

I have to say I love gif cards, as impersonal as people think they are(i don't) they are so useful for later in the year when stuff you want goes on sale, unless you are my husband who stashes them away for years and when he decides to use them the $100 GC from amex is now $48 because after a year they charge a $2.00 maintance fee..huh who knew i thought the money was yours to use since its already been paid for...but that a whole different rant .
moving on, i had gotten a GC from my friend julie for best buy, i was initially going to save it for a laptop, but the more i read about them the harder i realize they are to upgrade memory and such ( i will still get one someday) so as those of you who know me know i love the sims, well my pre-ordered game comes Feb 20th i read the requirements for the game, oops my PC does not pass, i need a new video card and more Ram like 2gb more. so i do some research and find what i need at newegg and order it, 4 days later its at my door step i take it upon myself to open up my PC and attempt "surgery" on my PC as my son called it. Wohoo it worked great no geek squad need, i amaze myself at times. so now i have this awesome PC running so smoothly on this 15 inch box monitor, not pretty, so i start researching flat panel monitors, and i find one with great reviews at best buy. long story short i got exactly what i wanted for about $30 after all is said and done, and now i have this amazing thing on my desk and I'm in awe!
check it out here
love it!
thanks jules and bernie, you guys rocked this gift!

0 comments: