Photobucket

Saturday, March 24, 2012

how things change...

Last time i wrote here i thought my klife was finally falling into place...boy was i wrong. i got some devastating news that has rocked my world and my soul to its core. i can't really go into many details but to summarize it i'm going to steal a friend's powerful words:

A few things I've learned.
I have learned more valuable lessons these past 4 months than any class would ever be able to teach. Watching two people whom I adore die right before my eyes has taught me a lot and made me realize what's really important in life.

1. Invest your time in people, not things.
Relationships are far more valuable than any other tangible thing ever will be.

2. No matter what life throws your way, stand firm & trust that there is a reason & you ARE going to get through it.
"To everything there is a season.." Read Ecclesiastes 3

3. Spend time with those you love.
You never know when it will be your last together.

4. Things don't matter.
You could have all the money in the world, a beautiful home, a nice car. They don't matter. It really hit me last week as I watched my grandma and all that she left behind. None of it goes with you in the end. It's just stuff.

5. The far most important thing that I have been reminded of is how incredibly important a relationship with Jesus is. Think about your life and your heart, if you were to die tonight in a freak accident where would you be going? Heaven? Hell? There is no in between. Life can literally change in an instant an tomorrow isn't promised so PLEASE examine your heart and if you haven't yet, ask Jesus into your heart. Our time on earth is SO short compared to eternity. Can you imagine eternity in Hell? Gnashing of teeth, constant wailing, a hot fiery furnace...forever! Don't let that be your destination.

I could go on about things I've learned...

Enjoy the life that God has given you . Do what you love. Laugh often. Live a life with no regrets. Listen to your heart. Pray and continuously seek the Lord. Be a blessing to others. Take time for yourself. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, for He is good! Live a life that is honest and pure. Be a friend to the friendless. Love your neighbor. Take tons of pictures. Trust that the Lord has you right where He wants you at the very moment. Forgive. and Love deep.

You've only got one shot, so make yours count.


Lyrics to the song playing:
Heaven Song by Phil Wickham

You wrote a letter and You signed your name
I read every word of it page by page
You said that You'd be coming, coming for me soon
Oh my God I'll be ready for You

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
I can't wait to join the angels and sing my heaven song

I hear Your voice and I catch my breath
'Well done my child, enter in and rest'
Tears of joy roll down my cheek
It's beautiful beyond my wildest dreams

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
I can't wait to join the angels and sing...

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
In the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
I can't wait to join the angels and sing
No, I can't wait to join the angels and sing my heaven song

0 comments: