Photobucket

Thursday, April 28, 2011

handmade goodies

As promised here are a few of the things that have been keeping me busy lately, besides the boys of course


Scalloped edge baby blanket

 don't mind the fact that its so wrinkly, G loves to cuddle with it. My next step is to embroider his initial on one corner but for now baby steps.


I was feeling particularly adventurous one afternoon and decided to tackle a button down shirt. if you look closely you will see many imperfections but overall i'm happy with how it turned out. I have to admit the collar was a bitch and half to make!
i used this pattern and one of his shirts to help me along the way

then i figured "hey I want something for me" i had been perusing catalog for dresses for D's communion and came across this Lace-Stripe Tissue Tee from J.Crew
 i love how the lace gives this simple tshirt a romantic detail, what i didn't love? the price tag $58!!!! for a tshirt
I grabbed a plain white tshirt from H&M and placed 4 strips of lace where i thought i would want them and pinned in place about a hand width apart





CAREFULLY, try it on to see if the lace is where you want it.
use liquid stitch to hold the lace in place then sew.
I also stitched the lace down the side of the shirt so it wouldn't pull up and so it would be more secure.


cut the excess lace from the side and enjoy!



1 comments:

Jess said...

LOVE the quilt!!!