Photobucket

Thursday, January 14, 2010

i'm supposed to go to what????

this past wednesday had my first internal by one of the male doctors, when they told me they would be doing it i was like"ok whatever" i've had them before not a big deal. i should learn to bite my tongue.
IT HURT LIKE HELL!!!!!
i don't know if my lil cervix is irritated enough or he was just extra rough but holy shit! it was enough to make me wonder if he actually also stripped my membranes in the process and forgot to tell me, oh yeah like he forgot to tell me i would bleed afterwards! that was a nice thing to go to the bathroom to!
anyway i am 2 centimeters and 50% effaced.
what does that mean?
well Effacement is the process by which the cervix prepares for delivery. After the baby has engaged in the pelvis, it gradually drops closer to the cervix; the cervix gradually softens, shortens and becomes thinner. You may hear phrases like "ripens," or "cervical thinning" which refer to effacement.

Effacement is measured in percentages. For example, your health care provider may tell you that you are effaced 50%, which means you are half way to being completely effaced. When you are 100% effaced or completely effaced, your cervix is paper-thin and labor is right around the corner.

and dilation well here is a visual aid!

0 comments: