Photobucket

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Update and wow i suck at blogging!

Well not really, maybe just a little, but so much has happened since my last post. I was having a very hard time with that date and i think it hit me more because we knew we had to put our beloved ju-ju to sleep. Zoe was such a huge part f our lives she was our little princess and was the sweetest ferret you will ever have met. she thrived on cuddling and giving kisses she was just a doll plain and simple. Having to say goodbye to her so close to those dates was very hard. I cried alot and i think it wasn't just for her, but i cried for my babies.

People assume that once you get your take home baby then it should be ok for you to get over the other losses, let me tell you something...you don't...well at least i don't. My heart is broken and will probably never heal and then i also feel extremely guilty because i have this amazing bouncing happy boy who just want to be held all the time and loved and here i am missing what could've been, it sucks to be in that position and while i will never change how we got here since it made us stronger. it still and will always hurt.

But i digress , Zoe will be missed terribly and some of you may be thinking "but she was just another animal" to us she was another baby, our baby, and now she is gone.
I know in my heart it was better this way. She was diagnosed with insulinoma which is very common in ferrets and although she did very well on prednisone for about a month, her little body could not take any more and she was starting to show signs of internal bleeding and very labored breathing. i wanted to be selfish and keep her for as long as possible BUT i was not willing to let her suffer.




0 comments: