Photobucket

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

its DECEMBER!!! our year review

happy december 1st!!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone! So lets review
January -- started out pretty normal for us, celebrated another birthday for D-man

February -- Feb 14th marked 2 years to the day when we learned we had lost our first baby, I think this date will forever haunt me.

March -- got a call at 1am from the PD that my dad had been in an accident, thank god he wasn't hurt just really shaken up.

April -- got a call at 3 am my mother was being rushed to the hospital after collapsing at home in Costa Rica froma ruptured aneurysm, they weren't sure she would make it through the night, let alone the surgery they scheduled for 7am the next morning. Panicked i realized i couldn't travel because Costa Rica asks that your passports expiration is no less than 6 months off, i was at 5, so we spent Tuesday while she was in surgery driving to conneticut to expedite our passports for that very day. 3pm i got a call she made it through THANK YOU GOD!!!! We flew out Wednesday morning. I was not prepared for how i saw my mom. it was touch and go for a while and she was in ICU for about 2 weeks. I couldn't leave her like that at least not till she was home. So i sent my husband and son back home and i stayed behind. she came home almost 2 weeks later

May -- came back home after my mom had some more energy to walk around. I also came home to find out TD bank had "let me go" and they were being nice enough to not file it as job abandoment...gee thanks... i had spoken to HR about being gone for a month or so and all was fine and even with medical documentation they said if i wanted to have my job back i would have to apply for it again.!? seriously? WTF. A coworker of michael told his BIL about it who happens to work at Chase, a week later i get a call for an interview, 2 days after the interview i got the job offer. I accepted it and started the following week.
Mid month we found out we were pregnant and had not really been trying. I wondered when the other shoe would drop, and how many times it would happen this year, but i put my faith in God after all he had just pulled my mom through something even her doctors were amazed by. by all intents and purposes the survival rate for a ruptured aneuryms in the aorta are slimmer than slim to none.

June - - pregnancy is good so far, though i never stopped worrying

July -- Michael's BIG birthday. we had such a blast and things are going so smoothly

August - mini vacation camping, BBQ and just good ol' summer fun. we are in the second trimester and can breathe a little bit easier. btw did i mention we are having a BOY!!!!

September - back to school, i started nursing again, although now that i'm almost done WTH was i thinking? clinicals at night are killing me and forget studying i can barely keep my eyes open.

October - halloween!!! my favorite holiday, we went trick or treating and stayed home! as much as i wanted to go out it wasn't worth the risk of haveing something happen to me or monkey so we stayed home, besides it was cold and rainy. movies by the fireplace were more enticing!

November - 4 years of marriage! time flies and i wouldn't change anything we have been through. my husband is my best friend and so much more. I thank God everyday even at our lowest that i have him! i also had my baby shower which was completely amazing. I am so overwhelmed by knowing how mych our family and friends already love this baby. words will never express how grateful and thankful i am tobe so blessesed. Only my mom is missing and hopefully she will be back with us really soon. Thanksgiving was perfect, i made my pumpkin cheesecake which is always a hit and was finally able to eat everything. I was having minin meals thorugh out the day, but now i can finally have more.

December - my un-birthday is approaching although i'm not celebrating because i refuse to get older! lol we have our lamaze class and BF class. monkeys stuff is all set up and just waiting for him to be in it. January cannot come soon enough!

so that is it in a nutshell..not bad huh?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this last week, i have seen the real meaning of faith.

i wish you and your family a happy and safe rest of 2009, and that the new year bring you all a healthy and safe new "very much awaited" addition ;)

Unknown said...

EStoy muy feliz por tu dicha, muchas bendiciones, salud y prosperidad. Que las ventanas del cielo se abran y caigan ricas y abundantes bendiciones!!! Maricell