Photobucket

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

DIY hospital gown

I had heard about these "designer" hospital gowns that were on the market and being curious I looked them up. close to $100 for a piece of fabric that was only going to get thrown out was just not enough for me to splurge on.
Then i had the bright idea "what if i make my own?" I had a gown that somehow had been brought home and was just there so i looked at it for design ideas,and let me tell I can personally attest to the fact that those hospital gowns do NOT cover what YOU want or need covered. Then I came across Lazy Girl Designs, they have a Free Hospital Gown Pattern that I ordered ( you can print it at home as well)
I liked the idea of being able to pick my own fabric ...fleece in January anyone?
I never got around to go to Joanne's for fabric but i did find a gown at khols on sale for about $10 that i customized using the same principle of a hospital gown.
I cut the shoulder seams apart added snaps in place to make it accessible for BF'ing and all i have to decide is if i want the back to do the same. here are some pictures...

the gown itself


cut out the seams and added snaps ( open view)


snaps (closed view)

another closed view


now $8 i don't mind tossing away. lol

0 comments: